The success of the IMCS Rock Climbing Camps is based in our professional instruction and sincere enthusiasm. Kids love to rock climb, meet new friends and learn new skills. Rock climbing camp teaches kids patience, cooperation and respect for our the environment. Book online today!
Self Rescue Course
Learn to safely rescue yourself or your partner
- Two Day Private Climb 1:1 Climber to Instructor ratio!
- Two Day Semi Private Climb 2:1 Climb • Listed Price Includes 2 People!
- Open Enrollment Join a scheduled course
Climb with confidence
In climbing it is easy to recognize a crisis situation; dealing with it decisively is another matter.
The Rock Self-Rescue Course is an advanced level, two-day course intended as a follow-up to our three-day Rock Leader Program. Self-rescue requires the highest level of technical skills, so it is important that you enter this course with a strong understanding of the fundamental climbing systems.
In this course, we strive to provide a working knowledge of the following skills:
- Relevant knots and hitches for use in a rescue
- Escaping the belay
- Rope ascension
- Lowering and hauling an unresponsive follower
- How to pass a knot while lowering or rappelling
- How to rappel with an injured climber
Please review our policies, including cancellation, by clicking below.